This is a short description off the show from the Brisbane Festival leaflet:
Set in the seediest of drinking holes, torn between the past, present and future, Cantina explores the rapture and torture of desire, and the tension between harsh reality and escapist fantasy.
The inhabitants of Cantina find refuge in this late night world of seduction, sweat and tequila. Their extraordinary feats contrast with the heartbreak of their lives.
As this circus cabaret unfolds, the line between passion and violence is never quite clear.
Set to a live soundscape created by bizarre and antiquated instruments: a gramophone, a pianola, an air organ, jewellery boxes; revisited and revamped. Broken glass and breathtaking acrobatics intensifying the percussion of heartbeats; of the performers and the audience, alike.
A brilliant cast of Australia’s most experienced and respected creators of new circus join forces in this new classic of vaudeville, magic, music and remarkable displays of dance and acrobatics.
Immerse yourself in the world that is Cantina.
I have to say it was probably the best performance I've ever seen in my entire life. The acrobatic performances were just amazing to watch. It was a harsh description between man and woman, how dominating their relationship can be. I think I was in tears the whole time, because I was so blown away. The players in the show were fantastic!That's all I can say really. The men were powerful and muscular, and extremely hot and good-looking, while the ladies were fragile, but in the same time intensive. There was a phone conversation in Finnish, and I wanted so much to talk with the girl afterwards, but I didn't dare, so Niko asked from one of the players, if she was in Finland, and few minutes later she came and talked to us. It was fantastic.
But it was a night I will remember. Cantina, Corona beer beside the Brisbane river with six not-so-very-tasteful-doughnuts.


Oih! Toivottavasti toi show on vielä käynnissä kun mä joskus pääsen Australiaan!!! Kuulosti ihanalta. Pitää yrittää löytää joku kiinnostava performanssi tyydyttämään külttüürinälkää :)) Hyviä on vaan vaikee löytää.
VastaaPoista