I'm getting bored here. I'm in "so called" paradise, and all I can feel is tiredness. A girl, whom I know from work, she told me that it took her a week to get used to the weather. It is different being here than in Brisbane. I also think that I am getting tired of traveling. The few weeks that I spent in south, they were really intensive. We woke up early in the morning to see the sights and came back really late. Days full of action.
I am not that kind of person, who likes to travel with a strict schedule, that's why I prefer traveling on my own, because then I get to spend my days as I wish. Like today. I slept until 11am, cooked myself a lunch, looked some tour brochures, wrote few emails, watched the lovelies video message from my sweetheart, took my Vagabonding book with me and went for a walk. I forgot to take my umbrella, so I was wet when I reached home.
I had a nice relaxing day by the waterfront. I saw my first tidewater or rising tide. I have never actually seen it before, in Finland it doesn't happen so apparent like here. I think we have one place where you can see it, but I've no idea where. The sky was filled with smoke, there was something burning near the center, because the air was really grey, just like smog in bigger cities and it smelled burned. I have no idea what was going on, but something definitely was. I did some writing, but I guess that's nothing new. I always write.
I think the Esplanade is the nicest part of Cairns, otherwise this is just a big touristic trap. It's probably the best place to get to the Reef, but I wouldn't like spending my holidays here. I'm just relaxing, enjoying my nights, because I'm mainly here waiting for Niko to arrive. He's gonna be here Saturday evening and on Sunday, we have to find a car. We're gonna rent one for few weeks, head to North first and then come down the coast, all the way back to Brisbane. I am extremely terrified of driving here, but I guess it's time to concur my fears again. Laurence, a French girl I met at the Falls, she told me that it's not as difficult as you'd think as long as you remember drive on the left side of the road. But let's see what happens. At least we are free to go where ever we want. A bit North from Cairns, there is a place/town/village called Laura. I'd love to go there!!!Niko, if you read this, can we go there? It's only 4 hours from Cairns!I can drive :D
But yeah, it's nice here if you like places like this. I'd love to see the rainforest's, the Reef and beaches but it's a waste of money to go on a tour when the weather is so poor. But at least I don't feel guilty sleeping late. And we are going on a sailing tour in Whitsundays, so I guess I'll be seeing the Reef there.
I've been talking to Laurence, she decided to stay here until July, so we have been planning to go to Tasmania when I return here. I booked a ticket to Future Music Festival, which is in Brisbane 5th of March, but after that I think I will head to South and few weeks in Tassie, would be great. April, well that is another story, but there are few ideas what to do and where to go :)
As you travel is somewhat of a spiritual exercise; a process not of seeking interesting surroundings but of being continually interested in whatever surrounds you. - Vagabonding
.
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti