I bought a new backpack when I came here, 75 liters and it's too big. As you travel, which I haven't done for a year, you forget how much is enough. So I took a lot of stuff with me, I bought a lot while I've been here so the result is that now it's overweight. I had a smaller backpack but I thought it was too small, but no it's not. One problem with it was that it wasn't good to carry, so I need to sell this one, the big one and buy another, like 15 liters smaller.
I have already made a list of which items I have to take with me and which ones leave home. I need a fleece jacket, that's one thing. Smaller day bag and a shoulder bag, that's not heavy like the leather bag which I had to buy. But most importantly I have to take woolen socks with me! How could have forgot them home! I have to take a lot of medication with me when I return, so I might need a bag for them too. Luckily I get to leave some of my stuff behind. But yeah, I counted all the medication, the asthma inhalers, tablets, allergy pills, and first of all it's going to cost me a lot and second of all, it's gonna take a lot of space, because I have to bring them to the country in their original baggages, with the prescriptions. Or I might check if I could have English prescriptions, because Finland and Australia, they have a mutual agreement that people from Finland among few other countries, get a free medical attention if needed. Which I think it's wonderful! So basically we get the Medicare, same as the locals here. It would be so much easier to buy the needed medication here.
What else. I just had a chat with my roommate, a girl from England. We talked about traveling, surprise surprise, but more importantly how resting and spending your days just being lazy, is important. I told her I've been tired lately and she was like; I understand you! When you see, taste, smell, experience a lot within only few weeks, eventually you just can't take it all in without getting tired. So it's been refreshing to rest here without feeling guilty doing so. I definitely need my lazy days, which I usually spend in my pj's, watching girly movies, reading and cooking, just relaxing. It's so nice that we have our own kitchen in this dorm room plus a free internet! That's my savior when I don't feel like going outside when it's rainy, which at the moment it's not.
When people are asking, what did you do to day and you say: nothing important, that's not exactly how it is. You see a lot of people around you, running, smiling, playing with kids, you see couples holding hands, kissing. Some are having a picnic, some are eating junk food next to you. You see old people, young people, kids, kids in a wheelchair, a guy in a wheelchair. You see it all. You just have to look more carefully. You see people talking on a phone, smiling when they read a text, people looking at the sea. I always wonder what the people are thinking when they're looking at the sea. Does it make them feel relaxed, or are they just staring to the distance?
When I was in Vienna, which is by far the most beautiful city in Europe, I spent a day at the museum and my entertainment for the day, was to ask what people are thinking when they see the Gustav Klimpt's painting called The Kiss. I wrote everything down into my journal, and I left that place with a huge smile in my face. It was the perfect day for me.
So what about the sounds then. This is interesting. Yesterday I heard different birds, some of them made a beautiful sound and some were just annoying me. I heard footsteps on a wooden sideway, skateboards, I heard a lot of talking, a boy playing guitar nearby. Some people were arguing loudly, I heard Chinese, Finnish, English, French, German among few other languages which I cannot name.
When I went to the food court, I heard frying pans, gas cookers. It was amazing. Now, right now. I hear a fan, ventilator humming in the ceiling. Myself typing these words, another girl in the kitchen typing and talking on a phone with a British accent. A motorcycle driving down the lane and vacuum cleaner upstairs. Our world is never silent, unless you put our earplugs on, but even then you can hear your heartbeat. It's a good sound to fall asleep.
Taste on the other hand is funny thing, all of us experience it differently, someone likes strawberries and someone can't stand them. Yesterday I ate Asian food. Again. I had fried noodles, prawns, 4 different kinds of chicken, honey chicken was my favorite. I had two types of fish, calamari. It was a mixed plate with all different kind of dishes and it was delicious! I love to taste different dishes, even if it makes my stomach hurt :) And I love to eat with chopsticks. While I was in Beijing, I'd to learn how to use them, so now I'm pretty good with them.
So how do I feel right now? I am happy, well rested, a little hungry, at least my stomach is making funny noises. I feel calm. I have a peaceful heart, which is something unusual for me, because I always tend to worry about my future. I feel loved. I feel that there's someone who cares for me and whom I care a lot. I'm excited about my future. I'm planning my next trips already even when I'm still on the road. Every morning I wake up with a big smile, it's a new day. New ideas, new plans, new emails waiting. I happy that I was brave enough to come here by myself. Like someone dear told me: You don't need someone to make you happy. But sometimes happiness is more real when you get to share it. And this is my way of sharing it, by writing to all of you.
<3
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)

on hyvä, että olet levännyt,
VastaaPoistahavainnoit yhpäristöä erilailla, se näkyy kirjoitelmasta, aurinkoisia päiviä täältä keski-suomesta